Saturday, 2 March 2013
20 Days of WoW Blogging - Day 8
Day 08 – 10 things we don’t know about you
I just want to say, before you read this, that I've been reconsidering posting it for a while, because some of these feel like confessions and are not things I'm sure I want people to know about me. You have to understand that I am a particularly private person, and it's hard for me to put things out there that are "real" or paint a picture of me as anything but the parts of me I've decided were good enough to share online.
I'm sorry if any of this tarnishes your opinion of me. That was never my intention.
1. I have been playing WoW since September, 2005.
2. I wish Gerard Butler would tweet more because then it would be easier to pseudo-stalk him. Yes, he's old enough to be my father. No, I don't care.
3. I love My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. I will never apologize for this. I get a great many compliments on my Rainbow Dash sweater albeit mostly from people who have no idea who Rainbow Dash is.
4. I love Grumpy Cat.
5. I just don't get children. In fact, they kind of scare me. Not in the "I don't want to hold your baby because I'm afraid I'll break it" kind of way, in the "I don't want to hold your baby because I'm just plain afraid of it" kind of way. I have, at times, used the former as an excuse though. It's easier than explaining the truth because I don't even really understand why it is.
6. Zack Morris was my first crush. When I was 10 I legitimately thought that I would marry him someday.
7. I HATE coconut. I hate everything about it - the smell, the taste, and the texture, especially the texture. Yuck.
8. Through Wrath of the Lich King I was an elitist hardcore progression raider and among the top 15 holy priests on my server. I didn't make the switch to Disc until Icecrown Citadel came out and Disc priests became such a hot commodity I had to try it. I never looked back. Now, I don't raid at all.
9. I have an obscene amount of toys - particularly stuffed animals. I know they are technically for children but I don't care. My favourite is a little pink bear that I have had since I was three years old named Rosie.
10. When I was in University I was mildly anorexic. It was never diagnosed, and I was never hospitalized, but it was there and at my lowest weight I came down to around 90 lbs and could borrow shorts from my nine year old brother. Luckily for me all it took to come back to a healthy weight was a move back home and a mum who constantly pressured me to eat, and helped me learn to enjoy eating again. I have never told anyone this, but sometimes, particularly when I'm sad, I miss it.