Saturday 16 February 2013

20 Days of WoW Blogging - Day 5



Favourite Item(s) in Game

 It is so hard to pick just one. You see, I'm kind of a WoW hoarder. I love to keep totally useless items because they have a cute name, like my Luffa or because they were useful in the past and they carry some weird personal significance like my Carrot on a Stick, or my Riding Crop. For Context: I used to ride horses. That, and my dad's leather worker made my crop, that makes it more special and even though it no longer has his name on it, I will always know who made it. I have the White Linen Shirt my rogue made while she was a tailor, made special because her name is there. I have  my Widowmaker, Shadowblade, and Hanzo Sword(which I never even really used) all of which are important because of who gave them to me and while I would have kept these regardless my Raven Lord and Pandaren Monk also fall into that category.

That's why I can only have one favourite item. One favourite otherwise I will go on forever listing off everything in my bank and saying "It's all my favourite. I NEED all of it."  This is not an intervention, so I'm not going to get into defending why all of it is necessary and not junk. Every item has a story, or rather a justification, and I don't want to get into that any more than I already have.

When it comes down to it though, I think my favourite is my Benediction/Anathema. Why? Because, more than any other item this one says "I am a priest". There was a time, when any priest worth her salt carried Bene, but that was before I knew I was a priest. I did not get mine until Wrath, and even then the quest was still challenging. I managed to complete it three times. The first time was on my own, level 80 priest decked out in purples. The next two were on level 60 alts, neither of them my own. It is one of the few items that I get to show constantly to other players.

While all of my personal items are important, there are very few that I get to show off constantly and I feel like the ones that I get to share with other players are the most important.

1 comment:

  1. I suspect Benediction will be my choice too once I get to day 5. I wish Blizzard would introduce more class flavoured stuff.

    ReplyDelete